With the proliferation of property programmes on the television it seems that everyone is a developer, if not everyone is now a project manager. These television programmes are a mixed blessing; one hand they tend to oversimplify the process but on the other hand they do high highlight potential pit falls of poorly managed projects.
Project Management is an all-consuming, skilled discipline to which not everyone is suited. A good project manager will bring the following to the table:
1. Cost control. Help to prevent/reduce cost over runs and claims for extras.
2. Forecasting and budgeting by qualified book-keeper.
3. Cost efficiencies through value engineering and bulk buying power.
4. Reduced like for like costs.
5. Time scale management. Control/eliminate programme over runs.
6. Add value to the final product through design & layout optimisation.
7. Enhanced build quality.
A Project Manager will save his fee three times over and may well help save your sanity at the same time! Having been in the construction industry for many years we know all the "tricks of the trade" and we have experience of motivating and managing a team to a united goal.